...zehen-e-taskeen magar de na saka, marmar-o-choub ke nakaara khudaon ka wujood...

Friday, March 30, 2012

First post!

I hate hello world posts so I won't write one. Anyways this blog doesn't have much of a 'world' of people. :P
I recalled this couplet a moment ago, my father told me about it. We've tried our hardest but we couldn't trace the poet. If I find him, he'll be on my list of favorites immediately. Here's the couplet, if it rings any bells, please let me know:

Dekh in guzrey huey waqt ki mehraaboN mein, 
    Sar-nagooN baithey hain Aadam ke hazaaroN maabood;
Zehen-e-taskeeN magar de na saka, 
    Maramar-o-choub ke nakaara khudaon ka wujood.
~
Here, in the arches of the bygone era, sit headstones of humanities' numerous almighties. Alas, none of them could put our minds to rest, none of them useless and inefficient marble granite gods.
~

My posts will reek of blasphemy generally I think. I hope He does forgive me.

Milegi Sheikh ko jannat humein dozakh ata'a hoga?
    Bas itni si baat ke liye mehshar bapa hoga?

dozakh=
hell, mehshar= the day of judgement
Poet unknown for this one too, sorry!

1 comment:

  1. rahe dono farishtey sath,ab insaaf kya hoga,
    kisi ne kuch likha hoga,kisi ne kuch likha hoga.
    These couplet belongs to Pt.Hari chand Akhtar.

    ReplyDelete